Saturday 27 May 2017

So are we friends now?


The mistress has returned from her travels and I am BacktoBodrum. I was quite enjoying my sojourn in Ortakent; my digs there are very comfy, no pesky stairs to negotiate, easy access to a garden with grass which is very important as I nibble it every day to sooth my dicky tummy, and a man about the house (much as I love continuous female adoration and tummy tickling, every dog likes a bit of masculine play-fighting).  The daily walks there are also superior to Bodrum - we skirt the golf course every morning and if I wasn't on a lead. I'd be very tempted to run over to the greens and lift my leg on those white poles with flags on.
I'd only been back in Bodrum a couple of hours when Nasty Dog who lives on our site came up to me and started trying to make conversation, I whipped round quick as a flash so that I could face him eye to eye to ask him what he was playing at. He was the resident dog when I first came to live in Bodrum nearly 5 years ago, and in all that time he has only ever growled or snapped at me and made it plain that we were not ever going to be on first name terms.  Now suddenly he is all over me.  I can only assume he has read my blog and realises that I am fast becoming a local celebrity.  That leaves me to quote the following:
'Fame is a bright flower, but weeds abound mostly around it ' *
Chew on that doggy!


*Edward Counsel - Maxims 

7 comments:

  1. Ah Jake ... perhaps he's offering an olive branch ... maybe you could offer him your autograph in return ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doggy grapevine is amazing...he knows you are famous and suddenly he is your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly a legend Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jake, Your quotation gave me a good laugh. It's wonderful to know that you have such a delightful sense of humor about that "weed" next door! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake, The photo of the two of you facing off is precious. I think your generous spirit will win out and you will be friends, but 'Nasty' is not a nice first name. Since he's dazzled by your fame, you could call him 'Groupie'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. . . I'm hallucinating about talking dogs again - it'll be nightmares next!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

    ReplyDelete