Saturday 12 August 2017

Brunch


I think I've made it plain over the past few weeks that I don't like being left behind. This poses a problem for the boss as big hairy mutts are not always welcome at eating establishments.  One place she knows I will always be welcome (About the chicken chase - It was a momentary lapse, I don't know what came over me - it will never happen again and thank goodness I came to my senses before any feathers flew) is Etrim Carpet Village. A short drive from our house, this is one of the best brunch venues near Bodrum.  Turkish breakfasts seem be getting bigger year on year -  a simple meal of bread, boiled eggs, white cheese, cucumber, tomatoes and honey has morphed into a table heaving spread of salads, pastries, 6 different cheeses, dips, fruit and fritters. Nobody is complaining of course - this must be the best spent 25TL in the area. 


Even the jams are getting exciting -  walnut, fig, olive (yes olive!),  quince, mulberry and lemon.


Belgin serves it all up without once implying that I am in the way or should be elsewhere.  


Halfway through the meal I noticed that we were being watched so I politely introduced myself. This involved a bit of barking which my other half always interprets wrongly but I'm not being unfriendly - just testing the ground.  


Daffy knows all about fame; he spends most of his day posing for walkers who pass by on the newly opened Lelegian trail and are tempted in for a drink, breakfast or a lecture on carpet making. We both decided to stay in the dappled shade and make it really difficult for the paparazzi to catch us having a chin wag.

February Brunch
Etrim Facebook Page

10 comments:

  1. It all sounds absolutely divine - breakfast beneath the trees, in the sunshine, with a spread fit for the gods - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous ... I could live on Turkish Breakfast. We're hoping to take a visit there soon ... so maybe we could call back on the way home (with full tummies!!) ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake, You always seem to find yourself in the best places with the best friends like Daffy. Re. chicken chasing, they're awfully tempting. I wouldn't make a promise I couldn't keep, but here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually ignore them - I don't know what happened

      Delete
  4. That breakfast looks delicious Jake ... perhaps we can go together one day and I can meet Daffy ... sans paparazzi, of course ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take you - can't promise there wont be cameras

      Delete
  5. Turkish breakfasts - simply divine!

    ReplyDelete