Wednesday 15 November 2017

Freewriting for Travel writers


Before she left for Cambodia, Jay Artale, the eponymous author of Roving JayThe Bodrum Peninsula Travel Guide and The Gümüşlük Travel Guide, popped in for coffee and cake and presented this to the budding travel writer in our house.  Now it is difficult enough to get a dog to write a travel blog, despite his recent trans-continental adventures, so trying to get him to concentrate on the written word is only possible with the aid of a doggie treat hidden in the spine, and thus a very short-lived endeavour.  I was quick to rescue the book from slobber and have read it myself cover to cover.  It's a useful tool for those of us who get sluggish with our posts and articles and need a nudge to help us back on to the regular writing track. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is keen to try travel writing but nervous about actually starting. The prompts will get your pencil racing across the page.   If you would like a wider audience for your efforts , I am happy to publish any posts relating to Turkey, Greece, Cookery or Canines on BacktoBodrum. Jake insisted the last category be inserted.


Available in paperback and digital from Amazon. 


14 comments:

  1. I am sooo impressed that you got Jake in that pose with the book! :) Fantastic. Sure the book will be useful for lots of people, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should find him an agent- He could be a star.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good ... looking forward to Jake's next post ... sans slobber hopefully ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work, well done Jay!!:) Ozlem xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay's very prolific, isn't she? No wonder she needs a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very - I'm ashamed at my laziness in comparison

      Delete
  5. Brings a whole new meaning to 'nose in a book again!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jake looked as though he thought eating the book might help his writing. Of course, we're two of his best fans. (Thanks for the tip on getting tips to help one's writing.) xx J and M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I should put at one of the less successful pics in

      Delete
  7. Hello, I've never been interested in travel writing because I've done so little traveling. Jake has done a lot more than I have and I bet he'll do more for doggy treats!

    Thanks for the invite about posts on certain subjects. If you'd included writing about being in a convent and leaving it, then I'd have a post for you. My manuscript is ready now and I'll be self-publishing it in the next few weeks. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, great to hear from you again. I would happily put one of your posts in - I used to enjoy reading your blog a lot and miss it

      Delete