Tuesday 21 November 2017

THE Cookery Book to have on your shelf

As most of you know I make my living working as a professional cook. I no longer work full time but I still manage to get paid occasionally to provide good food.  There is a misconception that 'good' cooks don't need cookery books and I admit to only using two or three recipes in any cookery book I buy. But one book that is just about to be published will be in both my kitchens and on my bedside table (yes I've ordered 3 to start with) and will be well thumbed, slightly oily and no doubt splashed with tomato and pomegranate juice in no time; the sign of the best recipe collections.  I discovered Özlem Warren through her blog, Özlem's Turkish Table and have been lucky enough to meet her and her family on her trips to Bodrum. I have used her recipes extensively and they have got me out of several professional holes when I just couldn't come up with a menu idea.  If you are going to buy one cookery book in the next 12 months, please buy this one. If you think you can't cook - definitely buy it - you can prove yourself wrong.  Healthy, tasty, honest food with zingy flavours is all any of us want to cook and if it looks spectacular too, we can all take a bow.





14 comments:

  1. Dear Annie, what an absolutely gorgeous post; I am blushing as I write; my sincere thanks for your most kind post on my cookery book coming up, I am ever grateful to all this kindness. Having your seal of approval means a lot - gonulden, cok cok tesekkur ederim :) Cok sevgilerimle, Ozlem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely second your suggestion - Özlem is a culinary genius and a delight to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I can't wait to get my copy! xx J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one vegan and one vegetarian grandchildren, does the book have suitable recipes in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read the promo and see that it does cover both vegetarian and vegan recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to preorder this since preordering became possible and finally managed it about ten minutes ago! Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete