Friday 24 March 2017

BacktoBodrum


I've been travelling and have had a great time but it's lovely to come BacktoBodrum. 

Lee on Solent, unfortunately the hovercraft museum was closed

Sutton Hoo burial mound overlooked by Tranmer House 
Mausolus, a displaced Bodrumite in The British Museum

Famous wide East Anglian sky at Aldeburgh


On my last day in London, a mad man committed an atrocity that we now have to accept as one more daily risk to add to our list of possible misfortunes which includes being run over, contracting cancer, having a heart attack, being killed by a donkey or shot by a toddler (toddlers are way more dangerous gun criminals than terrorists in the USA).  It hasn't made me cross London off my travel list and I hope you won't too and, despite all you read about Turkey, I'd like to think that you will still consider Bodrum as a worthy holiday destination. I feel safe here but I'm keeping a wary eye on the under threes.











13 comments:

  1. . . quite right, too - the little sods are totally, obsessively self-centred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been wary of balconies after Graham Greene wrote about a pig falling off one and killing the poor unfortunate underneath at the time ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes falling farm animals are a definite problem - here in Mersin a sheep fell off a roof of an apartment block. He was taken up there for slaughter (Bayram) but obviously decided he would rather take his own life and threw himself off the roof!

      Delete
    2. I think both of you should write a post about the dangers of falling animals.

      Delete
    3. Will work on it ...

      Delete
  3. I love the sculpture of Mausolus, he is handsome and dashing, looks like a soldier leader. Terrorists in the USA kill and injure way more people than toddlers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very striking image. I read that Toddlers have shot at least one person a week in US for the last two years. Is this another post-truth statistic?

      Delete
  4. Yes, steer clear of toddlers...goodness only knows what you might catch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know why I never had children. So you were in Aldeburgh? You could have popped up for a cuppa :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only for 18 hours, I was booked on the 10am from Saxmundham. I should have planned the trip better.

      Delete
  6. B to B, It's not that the toddlers are little murderers, but that they should have been taken away from their idiot, violence-loving, demented parents at birth. Imagine having to live with the memory that at age 2, you killed your 9-year-old brother, which happened a week or so ago. My advice: Stay away from America!

    ReplyDelete