Sunday 17 April 2016

Bodrum Global Run


Jake and I were on hand in 2014 to see the 1st Bodrum Global Run and this morning we were out and about to see the 3rd one.  There appeared to be many more runners today than the first year, but this may be down to a curtailed route which stopped short at the Main Square rather than going on to the Marina, so the runners were more packed together.


I don't run but am happy to distract those that do. Barry Dawber and Julia Power from Turkey's For Life blog and website were competing today, but I only managed to catch Barry on film.


Şafak Yılmaz Bayliss was also easy to get a wave from as she effortlessly jogged by, but as an organiser of Bodrum Hash House Harriers, a group that advertise themselves as 'drinkers with a running problem' I expect nothing less.


I only saw one canine competitor, but the local street dogs were keen to join in with the action, except they hadn't grasped the concept of running with the entrants and seemed more focussed on adding a few obstacles to the race.


Jake just barked, more in panic than support, so he didn't get his photo taken. 

13 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine either of us getting round one lap.

      Delete
  2. Shame I wasn't in town to watch. Would have been good to meet up with you, Julia and Barry. Looks like fab weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B to B, It's great to see a fun event like that. It certainly didn't look crowded. And the weather looks gorgeous. Good for Bodrum! J

    ReplyDelete
  4. very unhealthy business this running lark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog by googling "bacon+Bodrum" and am I glad I did! Well, no real progress on acquiring good pork but at least I found another cool blog. We just moved to Bodrum (from the gigantic hellmouth called İstanbul) and love every minute of being here. Now if only I could find some good mozzarella and pork, the chef inside would be in heaven as well. Oh well, in the meantime the food market continues to be the gift that keeps giving.

    Anyway, sorry to hijack the post and keep up the fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Gourmet Pork in Gumbet has pork joints and Gourmet Garage past the Bitez junction has bacon and mozzarella. I'm keen to make my own mozzarella so I'll let you know how I get on I'm in Istanbul this week and missing my Bodrum life.

      Delete
  6. Was lovely to meet you Annie and hopefully, it can be longer next time. We'll definitely do the run again. A lovely route and we fell for Bodrum again after leaving it so long since our last visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of this event!

    ReplyDelete