Sunday 15 July 2018

Out in the sticks


I've been away in Sweden for the past two weeks, staying on a fledgling vineyard. Internet has been intermittent and most hours of the day filled with commitments so my poor BacktoBodrum blog has been ignored. The weather in Sweden is quite incredible; it's been hot and sunny since May which means that the trees are full of ripe cherries - a first in the 6 years I've been visiting, but the Bjare peninsula is suffering from severe drought. An s.o.s message went out last week to all mobile phones warning that the usually pure tap water is now unsafe to drink and should be boiled.  



I had no idea Swedish wine existed but now I've tasted one of the first bottles produced from these young vines, I will look out for it.  It's delicious. 

7 comments:

  1. Drinking wine instead of water ... I remember reading that that was good for you ... something to do with the amount of E.coli bacteria found in faeces that finds its way into drinking water whereas you don't get that with wine as it has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forced to drink wine....can't be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely stay in Sweden - the weather is the same here, we are desperate for rain, can you believe, and our lawn is completely yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swedish wine - every anthropomorphic climate disruption cloud has a silver lining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time there, looks beautiful; I have Swedish neighbours and I love their love of outdoors and make the most of their magical summers up there, have fun, cok sevgilerimle, Ozlem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine fixes everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete