Sunday 15 January 2017

A week is a long time in paw licks


I'm extremely glad that I'm a dog. I don't have to worry about constitution-changing votes in parliament or the Turkish Lira losing value by the day. My life is measured in walks, dinners and cuddles.  One week is 21 walks - 7 dinners and hopefully 100s of cuddles.


My daily perambulations do lead me to notice that the weather is odd. This is the longest cold spell in my 5 winters but at least we have only had ice to contend with, not deep snow like my furry friends in the rest of the country, and it's good to hear that many shopping centres and individual stores have been letting stray animals shelter inside during the bad weather.


I'm very lucky on the cuddle front, apart from those I get at home, I'm stopped two or three times a day on my way around Bodrum and given a cuddle by complete strangers, usually accompanied by a selfie shot or two - it's a bit embarrassing being addressed as 'my sweet', 'my sugar' or 'my dear' all the time but I prefer that to being called a sheep, which is a daily 'joke' at the taxi rank.  I've barked back a response a couple of times but we have to keep on the drivers' good side in case I ever need to take a taxi.
Thank you to everyone who said that I looked handsome in my rain coat and suggested I get a hat - I've never seen a sheep in a hat and coat so I might consider this as a remedy to the taxi drivers name calling.


9 comments:

  1. I did once see some very chic hat, coat and boots sets on sale in Paris...but I doubt that they would meet with your approval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, Those taxi drivers might take to calling you a sheep in dog's clothing. If you were mine, I'd call you lovebug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly Jake, you do write a mean blog, and how can anyone resist to cuddle you!! Do hope I can give you one in August :) ozlem xxx

    ReplyDelete