Monday 18 September 2017

Roving Jay picking grapes

That title is slightly misleading - it should read 'Roving Jay eating and photographing grapes' but after my post despairing at all the fruit rotting on the vines because I couldn't reach them, the Roving Jay grape picking team were very welcome.  It's good to know the grapes were appreciated. I left a bottle of grape juice fermenting in my studio. I hope it will be well on its way to turning into wine when I get back.

Saved by Annie’s Grapes

After a delicious Turkish Breakfast at Etrim, where we were served a feast worthy of a Sultan, it was back to Annie’s house (she of Back to Bodrum blog fame) – a short 10 minute ride away – to help with the grape harvest.
We all had a role to play. Annie was chief ladder holder and grape director, Red was the scissor touting harvester, Tracey and Jake were on the moral support and quality control committee, and I was the capture-the-moment archivist.
Tracey and Jake on the moral support committee
Read the rest of Jay's post with lots more pictures here

7 comments:

  1. A and J, It's so satisfying when we can enjoy our own produce. We'll raise a glass to you tonight. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it Roving Jay 'supervising'? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collaboration - how I wished to join in!! well done:) Ozlem xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us.
    Old Man Safety App

    ReplyDelete