Thursday 18 October 2018

Özlem Warren in Bodrum

I'm very excited that Özlem is coming to Bodrum. Don't miss her talks in the downstairs lecture room in the Oasis Shopping Centre on Thursday 25th October.  English is at 15:00 and Turkish at 16:30.  There will be a chance to get a signed copy of her wonderful cookery book which no kitchen should be without. Further details of her Bodrum demonstrations and worldwide travels are available on clicking this link

A Cookery Dream


Özlem Warren's Blog  has been my go-to destination for recipe checking and inspiration for several years now.  I joined the chorus of her many friends urging her to put all her recipes in one place and write a book.  She has gone further than this and produced a cookery memoir that paints an aromatic picture of what it is like to grow up in a Turkish household that appreciates its Eastern Mediterranean culinary heritage. Özlem has written a book that is so lovely to look at that my copy will be kept on the coffee table, not on the kitchen shelf. 

Book Launch in Vout-O-Reenee's


Congratulations to Özlem for creating a work of art - on the page this time rather than on a plate, and to have sold over 700 hardback copies before the book has hit the bookshops, shows how many fans she has around the world.  

6 comments:

  1. I'm wondering a couple of things about the cookbook: 1) Is there an English translation of it available? 2) are there many vegetarian recipes. (I"ve been a vegetarian for 39 years and often cookbooks have dessert and salad recipes I an use, but there is little of use in the entrees. I'd appreciate your take on this! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee. The book is in English and the majority of the recipes are vegetarian.

      Delete
  2. Özlem's website is very engaging. I wish were in TX, so that I could take advantage of one of Ms. Warren's cookery classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lucky enough to be the proud owner of a signed copy - it's a beautiful book which has inspired even me to try out some of her recipes. I hope to be there to hear Özlem's talk on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for this wonderful post and your very kind words dear Annie, it means a lot to me : ) I really can't wait to come to Bodrum coming week, not long know!! Many thanks for having me and all your support, look forward to meeting anywho who can make it to the events, cok sevgilerimle, Ozlem xxx

    ReplyDelete