Thursday 13 September 2018

How times change


The culinary highlight of a trip to the UK used to be an Indian meal and a pint of Guinness (but not necessarily together).  Not any more. Draught Guinness is now readily and relatively cheaply available on the harbour front in Bodrum so after a day that started at 4am to get to my return flight at Gatwick airport, I can relax with my favourite pint in my favourite town.  I'm sure someone will let me know if a good curry is to be found on the peninsula. 

13 comments:

  1. Guinness is becoming popular here...if you can take out a mortgage to buy it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guinness prices seem to be held down here. Now cheaper than a glass of local beer.

      Delete
  2. Unless it's made with the Liffy water it's not the same (I'm told).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was introduced to Guinness in Birmingham and this tastes the same - I've only drunk it once in Dublin

      Delete
  3. Ha ha. We've had Guinness AND mighty fine Indian curries available in Fethiye for a while. Not a Guinness fan but LOVE going for a curry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another plus for Bodrum - that Guinness (and a good curry) will certainly wet my husband Angus's apetite too - enjoy all, well deserved xx Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bodrum once again in the vanguard. (BTW, if you make it to our island some time, we'll make you an indian dinner, but maybe without the draught Guinness :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again, like you, I'm a fan of good curry. My niece found a place here--a Thai place--the serves a curry that is mighty satisfying to my taste buds! I don't drink--I'm allergic to alcohol--but I'm glad that you can get the Guinness which so many people enjoy! Peace.

    ReplyDelete