Tuesday 11 September 2018

Time to sit and stare


Not everyone is rushing around the Bodrum peninsula in a car or minibus - it just feels that way in July and August (and June and September). Some have time to sit and watch the idiots dash by and contemplate the madness around them.  I'm looking forward to very soon joining the ranks of those that have time to sit and stare. I will be looking outwards, not down at a smart phone, but maybe through the lense of a camera. I am very aware that BacktoBodrum Bog has been a bit 'meh' recently and the only excuse I have is that I've been working away and have missed concerts, shows, races and other events which would have made good copy.  "Can do better" has been stamped on the 2018 report card and as September marks the start of new term, I shall endeavour to get this upgraded to "Much improved" this Autumn.
Thanks to all of you who have stuck with it and keep reading.

9 comments:

  1. I shall never tire of your take on life ... please keep blogging away ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life just gets in the way and that's as it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your blog....whenever it turns up in my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brilliant and love each and every post ; I love this autumn unrushed attitude , we all need that. Sooo looking forward to coming to Bodrum end Oct!!:) xxx Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'There's always tomorrow' is an insidious little bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasure to chill for a moment and read your posts and admire your photos. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always write beautifully dear Annie, and well done you joining the sit and stare group - I so want to be there too!! - getting excited to come back to Bodrum end Oct - organisinig the cookery class(es) in Bodrum at the moment : ) will keep you posted xxx ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie,

    'Meh'? Only lambs say that. Looking forward, as always, to reading B2B. xx J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Annie, all of us need at times a respite. A hiatus. A time to simply be. Peace.

    ReplyDelete