On the ride back, the sun came out so I decided to record my trip and got my bike to pose beside a water container. Back at home, I was extremely pleased with myself on several counts:
1. I managed 12 kms without falling off.
2. I could still walk
3. I had saved at least 3 TL on petrol
4. I hadn't been able to buy any non-essential, fattening treats because there wasn't room in the panniers
5. I hadn't been killed by a dolly minibus or a twelve year old driving a tractor.
6. If I kept this up I would be saving £35 a month on Gym membership.